Permit Counter Closure (Temporary)
To our valued customers: Although we are starting to see our city open back up for business and recreation, the Permit Center remains closed to walk-in customers until further notice.
Phase 2 - Washington's Safe Start Plan
Whatcom County has been approved to enter into Phase 2, and the Governor's office has provided some information on COVID-19 Job Site Requirements (Phase 2), more information on what this means for the City of Bellingham construction projects can be found here.
We Can Still Serve You
- eTrakit: Visit https://permits.cob.org/etrakit/ to apply for "over the counter" permits as well as signs and reroofs. Also, inspections can be scheduled and revisions for existing building permits can be uploaded online. ** ALL APPLICATIONS ARE STILL BEING ACCEPTED AND REVIEWED!!**
- Email: Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to send in applications and plans for all other building and land use permits
- Phone: Call 360-778-8300 with general permit and inspection scheduling questions - Monday through Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
- Rental Registration: Connect with a Rental Registration Team Member at email@example.com or 360-778-8361
- Inspection Questions: Call 360-778-8300 with general inspection questions or call 360-778-8363 between 7:30am-8:30am to connect with a Building or Electrical Inspector with specific project questions. *For the health and safety of our customers and inspectors, the City will only be performing inspections at construction sites adhering to the health and safety requirements outlined in the Phase 2 COVID-19 Job Site Requirements.
- City IQ: Visit https://www.cob.org/services/maps/online-mapping for property information, utility locates, zoning information and more
**PLEASE NOTE: The phone inspection scheduling service is down indefinitely. Please schedule your inspections online at permits.cob.org or by calling the Permit Center during business hours at least one day in advance (360) 778-8300.
Hours: CLOSED to walk-in customers!
Available By Phone: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Contact us: (360) 778-8300 or firstname.lastname@example.org | more contact info